This joyful recipe has been submitted to us by our Patron Ms Sarahana, a research scholar in the field of Environment and Development.
- Batter- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil [neutral in flavour]
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 medium-size Orange – Zest, boil the same orange, grind, make mush and fold in the batter.
- Preheat your oven.
- Prepare a dry mixture using the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream oil, sugar, orange mush.
- Add the Orange zest and finally add the lukewarm water and mix well.
- Pour this batter into the dry mixture and mix everything well together.
- Pour the entire batter in a greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle some orange zest at the top of the set batter and Add thin slices of orange.
- Bake at 180℃ for 30-35 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick/knife into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done.